The Jacob Ruff House is located on Main Street in historical Lexington, Virginia. It is on the National Registry of Historical houses and it is rumored that President Millard Fillmore visited this house. Built in 1829, It is one of the finest examples of a Federal Era town home in the Shenandoah valley. This building had been a hat factory, barber shop, and real estate office. Directed by the vision of the owners, Elk Mountain Contracting converted this building from a business office back into a single family residence.
After completing the house Elk Mountain Contracting took what was once a parking lot in the rear of the building and added a garden pavilion, retaining walls, walkways, and plantings to produce a wonderful courtyard area in the center of town down Lexington.